Yellow jackets are a common sight in New Jersey during the warmer months. These aggressive stinging insects can be a real nuisance and a danger to people and pets. If you are a homeowner in NJ, you need to be aware of the steps you can take to control yellow jackets and prevent them from setting up nests near your home. In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at yellow jacket control near you in NJ and how you can identify these pests. We’ll also discuss natural prevention methods that can help keep yellow jackets at bay.
Identifying Yellow Jackets
Yellow jackets are a type of wasp that are easily recognizable by their black and yellow striped bodies. They are smaller than hornets but are still capable of delivering a painful sting. Yellow jackets are social insects and live in large colonies with a queen and many worker bees. They build paper nests, which can be found in trees, shrubs, and other sheltered locations.
Preventing Yellow Jackets Naturally
There are several natural methods that you can use to prevent yellow jackets from setting up nests near your home. Here are a few tips:
- Keep your garbage cans tightly closed. Yellow jackets are attracted to sweet smells, so make sure that your garbage cans are tightly closed and stored away from your house.
- Keep your yard clean. Yellow jackets are attracted to food scraps, so keep your yard free of debris and food waste.
- Plant insect-repelling plants. Certain plants, such as mint, lavender, and citronella, can help repel yellow jackets.
- Seal up cracks and crevices. Yellow jackets can enter your home through small cracks and crevices, so make sure that all openings are sealed up tightly.
- Avoid wearing strong perfumes. Yellow jackets are attracted to strong scents, so avoid wearing perfumes or other scented products when spending time outside.
Controlling Yellow Jackets
If you already have a yellow jacket problem, there are several methods that you can use to control them. However, it is important to note that yellow jackets are aggressive and can be dangerous, so it is best to leave the control methods to a professional pest control service.
One such service in NJ is Swat All Natural pest control. They use eco-friendly and non-toxic methods to control pests and have a range of options for yellow jacket control. These methods include:
- Trapping – Swat All Natural uses traps that are specifically designed to capture yellow jackets. These traps are placed in strategic locations around your property.
- Nest Removal – If a yellow jacket nest is present, Swat All Natural can safely remove it from your property.
- Chemical-Free Treatment – Swat All Natural offers chemical-free treatment options that use natural substances to control yellow jackets.
Yellow jackets can be a real nuisance, but there are natural methods that you can use to prevent them from setting up nests near your home. If you already have a yellow jacket problem, it is best to leave the control methods to a professional pest control service like Swat All Natural. With their eco-friendly and non-toxic methods, you can rest assured that your yellow jacket problem will be taken care of safely and effectively.